The CEO Institute is a global certification body for CEOs recognising excellence in business leadership. The Institute's Certified CEO (CCEO) designation is a mark of respect and a reason for pride.
This unique CEO certification sets a benchmark for CEOs, acknowledging academic qualifications, experiential learning and the professional experience of business leaders. Importantly, it supports the commitment to executive education through lifelong learning and the requirement of continuous professional development .
The benefits to Certified CEO recipients include:
- Knowledge - through access to continuous professional development and applied management thinking
- Networking - joining an exclusive network of Certified CEOs
- Professional recognition - of experience and achieving at the highest level of leadership
- Competitive advantage - setting recipients apart from their peers when applying for highly sought after leadership positions
- Distinction - the right to call oneself a Certified CEO, and use the prestigious post nominal CCEO or CCEO(prov)
Subject to the Rules for Certification, approved by the Australian Competition & Consumer Commission (ACCC), The CEO Institute offers the CCEO designation to Senior Managers and CEOs.
Awarding the Certified CEO (CCEO) designation
There are two levels of certification available to The CEO Institute when awarding the Certified CEO designation:
Full Certification is granted to a Chief Executive:
- with five or more years’ experience;
- who meets the educational requirements under the Rules for Certification
This confers the right to be called a Certified CEO and use the post nominal CCEO.
Provisional Certification is granted to those who:
- have a minimum of three years’ senior management experience; and
- have attended 30 half-day (or 15 full-day) meetings of the Future CEO program.
The academic pathway to becoming a Certified CEO is available to CEOs and Senior Managers who have attended 30 half-day (or 15 full-day) meetings of the Future CEO program.
Candidates applying for the Certified CEO designation must have a minimum of 3 years senior management experience, and undertake a commitment to continuous professional development through participation in The CEO Institute's Future CEO program.
Find out why The CEO Institute has partnered with UNESCO.
Only CEOs can undertake the experiential pathway to the Certified CEO designation. This requires joining The CEO Syndicate program and becoming a Fellow (attained after five years of continuous membership) of The CEO Institute.
Experiential learning through active participation in The CEO Syndicate program is acknowledged to have equipped the membership to address business challenges with greater confidence and knowledge. Members' professional development is influenced by exceptional peer-group mentoring with leading edge business thinking, competent and experienced Syndicate Chairman and access to Expert Resource Speakers acclaimed for their expertise in business and leadership.